Stalingrad

Originally posted by Dillweed:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sergei:

Arnhem sounds like a too narrow subject. Wasn't there only a battalion of Brits, just for a week.

No, the whole 1st. Airborne Div. made it to Arnhem. It's just that only a battalion or so made it to the bridge. The rest of the division got trapped on the western outskirts of the city, where they fought a vicious week-long battle to try to hold on to the DZs.

But to take your point, it would make a better module than a whole game series.

Michael </font>

Dillweed,

You have a great record of predicting upcoming games as long as we ignore that perdiction you made back in 2003 of "Combat Mission - Himmler in Tights".

You are right though that the new CMx2 engine should give us the ability to make old battles new again. Though I am waiting for the new look of house to house fighting, I think just the additions to the AI and new objectives would have improved the old CMx1 engine let alone what it will do for CMx2. I hope that no longer will the AI sit 1000m from my starting line just to crowd around a lonely victory flag.