My two cents to CMSF

Hi all! (again)

Hi Steve, Charles and the rest of the crew at BF.

As one of those, who have been with CM since the beginning, i lost my interest on the new sequel one or two years ago. As a lot of others here, i doupted, that a modern war game will catch me like the other CM-games did.

But, what can i say, after playing CMSF since Friday last week?

THIS GAME IS GREAT!!!!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR IT!!!

Since Friday i´m only using the mighty editor - i love this editor - and i love the tanks and all the other stuff.

So, the longer you play and create, the more you will find out some things/problems, wich should be fixed or patched. These things are:

1. The "tankdance" and dismount of passengers! Well, what can i say - it is deadly to dismount your infantry - they always have losses. They always expose themself a way too much. I think others have mentioned it bevore - it´s a question of pathfinding. I hope, that this will be fixed at first!

2. It´s not possible (for me?) to adjust artillery fire during the mission is fired. Also, it is not possible to fire smoke. Aaaand, i have the feeling, that smoke doesn´t block the los of the enemy! Together with point 1, the best solution for dismounting is to park your carrier behind a very big and very long building. This is the only possibility to bring your men in urban fighting!

3. Enemies (regular or unconventional) NEVER retreat! Never ever!!!

4. Well, beside all realism, those enemies are in most cases very low on ammunition! Aren´t they?

5. Maybe i´ve overseen them, but where are bridges and barbed wires? Will they be given later? It also would be great, to have ruined buildings in this way, that also the roof could be ruined - like those buildings wich are striked by artillery in game!

6. I think it would be very helpful to see squad equipment (as it was shown in earlier Cmgames)in the editor "buying table". I alway have to check the equipment in the "3D-view" and then hopping back into the buying area. Well, the best would be, to have back the possibility to equip your squads as you like to equip them - beside if this is realistic or not. It´s a game and the magic of this game is the editor, wich should give as the tool to fullfill our imagin.

Well, don´t get me wrong, i also could post here all the new and positiv things. My post is no "attack" on the developers.

I only would appriciate, if BF would tell us, if those problems mentioned above are known and if they are interested in fixing them! This would be very kind!

So, sorry for my english and many greetings from Germany/Stuttgart!

Jochen

[ August 01, 2007, 04:54 AM: Message edited by: Jochen ]