AI Setup Outside Buildings

Sorry if this was covered previously... I did a very quick search but didn't get results.

Something I'm noticing is that the AI loves to set up infantry outside of buildings. I just did a battle and every single one of their units was either hiding alongside the buildings or on the roof. None of them were on the first or second floor.

Since they were not hiding inside buildings they were far easier to spot and destroy. If they had been set up intelligently at all it would have been a bloodbath for my forces.

In the test scenarios I've made I've noticed that if a building only occupies half a tile and you tell the AI to occupy that tile (top floors) it will still quite often reposition its men outside of the wall instead on inside the building.

I don't know if it's a bug though, more like something that scenario designers need to be aware of. I've never seen it happen when the zone they're told to occupy is all within the building.