Urban Warfare

My love for this game and especially urban warfare is growing.

I recently tried the mission Ambush in Al Fubar:

**SPOILERS****************************************

On the second playthrough I set up a nice ambush for some massed strykers plus infantry that the computer was sending in.

The US assault team enter the ambush area and the trap springs:

My lone RPG gets off one shot at a stryker hitting it on the side just seconds after it had deployed all it's troops. BOM! Infantry temporarily went to the ground and the stryker got slightly damaged while at the same time it got very pissed off.

Seconds later LOTS of infantry followed by two angry strykers enter the backyard where my ambush was set. Huge volumes of fire from three of my squads strip the strykers of all their infantry support.

Unfortunately while this was going on the damaged stryker and his two buddys were turning my RPG team into sausage fillings.

After this they went straight up to the rest of my infantry while doing their worst to overheat their MGs and grenade launchers.

Things were looking bad so I decided to bug out with the remains of my 3 squads (they were more like 1.2 squads now...).

Not unlike other fights in this new gem of a game it was all very cool and dramatic.

So on to the highlight of this post, the questions:

Is it possible to injure/KO unbuttoned strykers with a frag grenade into it's openings, or some other frail part ?

If the RPG man in a bigger squad is injured/dead is it possible for another man in the squad to pick up and use the RPG ?

//Salkin

Glad you had a good experience. I found the controls almost too arduous for city fighting, particularly manipulating units in multi story buildings. The TAB function doesn't put you right behind the unit, for one thing, but often a story above. Also, the grunts don't seem willing to camp out in the back of the room in ambush mode. Of course, this could be case of clumsy fingers....

I don't know if there's any chance to throw a grenade inside a Stryker - sounds a bit unlikely, at least. But anything has potential to do some sort of damage, so in theory that hand grenade could immobilize a Stryker (especially if the tires had already received damage) or damage something else.

I would suspect that AT equipment is passed on when the AT soldier dies. At least if the squad wasn't in a hurry of going somewhere when that happened.

Oh, and nice to hear that my scenario offered you some excitement. smile.gif

That was yours :D . Nice one !

I think I saw a finnish name as the author but it sure as heck wasn't Sergei ;) .

About the grenade thing, I was thinking that it might be possible to get a nade into an unbuttoned stryker for the KO (by knocking out the controls inside basicly).

Childress, about the camping in the back...I'm not sure if that is a mechanic that works in CMSF, hiding them should be sufficient, but I could be wrong.

Let's see if we can't get an official answer smile.gif .

//Salkin

Some tricks I learned that might help you.

The best way to move infantry between floors or enter the building, is to issue the move command onto the building from the outside. This allows you to pick which floor you want to move to.

You can choose what side of the room or roof to move up against. Use the face' command to tell your guys what side of the building you want to look out.

Originally posted by Childress:

Glad you had a good experience. I found the controls almost too arduous for city fighting, particularly manipulating units in multi story buildings. The TAB function doesn't put you right behind the unit, for one thing, but often a story above. Also, the grunts don't seem willing to camp out in the back of the room in ambush mode. Of course, this could be case of clumsy fingers....