Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Mouse freezes up all the time

I love this demo, however, I wouldn't but this game unless I knew for sure I could get it to run stable on my system. My problem, the mouse goes bonkers after about twenty or thirty minutes of playing and I have to restart my cpu. I have a very stable, overclocked athlon 750 currently running at 863 mhz.(128 megs ram) I have absolutely no freezes, lockups, or program errors on any other game. I have a epox 7kxa mo bo, and a model 64 tnt2 w/32 megs ram and the detonator 3 downloaded. I also have a soundblaster live! value card installed, again no problems there. I have flashed my mobo with the newest bios update. if i can get this game to run right i will buy it. but if not, forget it! (oh yeah I'm using the windows standard mouse drivers)

[This message has been edited by stevako18 (edited 08-17-2000).]

Some people have mentioned problems with the Detonator 3 drivers & CM. nVidia seems to have gone all out to maximize the performance of the drivers and this may be some of the reason for the problems that are being seen.

As for overclocking you CPU - you may want to clock down a bit and see if that helps. But first I'd suggest getting an earlier release of the Detonator 2 drivers (5.33) since that version seems to have been problem free for most users in CM (though most users having this problem have had GeForces).

Unfortunately stability in other programs is no guarantee that the hardware/driver is not at fault. CM's resource use can push drivers pretty hard.