Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Vehicle destruction!!!

Having watched numerous vids on god knows how many Hummers getting airborne and/or destroyed outright, I was thinking of what the damage models in game are like...?

Are there only a few representations of the various stages of a vehicle being damaged? Or is it alond the lines of what gets hit is what is shown damaged...?

Can vehicles be put on their roof in-game throught the force of an explosion?

Further to this, I did a search and couldnt find anything on infantry death animations and or use of blood in-game!

Before anyone picks at this, im not a gore/war-monger im just seeing how the game represents real-life and depicts these things?

Evervy FPS has blood in it now, heck even the new MEDIEVAL TOTAL WAR:2 game has included blood spattering for the first time...

How far is the game sensored? or the engine limited in this respect...?

I'm locking this thread up for its own good. If you want to know why, look in any of the other CM forums for similar topics about death animations and you'll see why. It's an emotional topic that never, ever goes over well.

As for vehicles and stuff... the damage modeling is extremely detailed in terms of simulation, not in terms of visual damage. That's the sort of thing that would delay an otherwise finished game for 6 months. If a vehicle is blown up it really doesn't matter if we show the engine block sitting on the ground, for example, since from a game standpoint it doesn't matter.

Steve