Question about Building Textures...

"Hey I just found something today, that you don't need to replace the existing building textures. Just add the next number onto the corresponding file name. i.e replace all the 3's with 8's and you can shift-click change through them all."
This is something i found in another thread, reguarding changing textures. I believe the thread starter was missinginreality. Soo my question is for him, or any other modder who can clear this up for me. Are you saying, to change the number in the filename; (ex) facade3-exterior-bottom to facade8-exterior-bottom? Because i tried that to NO avail. So in other words, i am NOT understanding what this is saying exactlly. If you, or someone else could mabey explain it better(for me), or take a screenshot of what you're saying, i would be MUCH obliged...

Thanx...

This is something i found in another thread
If that's the case, would it not have been better to post to that very same thread instead of starting a new one? But anywho...

Are you saying, to change the number in the filename; (ex) facade3-exterior-bottom to facade8-exterior-bottom? Because i tried that to NO avail.
That's exactly what needs to happen ... however, in order to create a new building texture set you must replicate all of the required textures. So as a bare minimum you need eleven #8 textures.

Also, while not mandatory, you should create a balcony texture for the new building, otherwise any balcony placed on the new building will not be textured.