Anyone care to tutor me?

I am a very competetive person, so therefore I play cmbo on the blitz ladder. When I first started I lost as could be expected, and soon it turned into draws, from there I started winning more than I lost and now I have hit a wall. In the current 8 games I am playing I am losing or have lost. I have never been good with armor, but made up for it with zooks or a lucky shot with a AT gun. I realize I am outgunned when I use the allies, but I am totally getting waxed. The final straw was when I lost an entire volksgrenadier smg platoon,every last man, their poor bleeding bodies one on top of the other, within 20 seconds. They only had to go 20 meters, They never knew what hit them. Every blinking AT gun, tank or mortar has no line of sight, he is moving things every where and he has just routed another platoon I had moved onto a flag, in the tall pines, on the highest hill around. AGGHHHH, sorry, I am rambling. I think I need sent back to the states, any help would be appreciated :eek:

[ October 04, 2003, 08:55 AM: Message edited by: kingjames ]

I no sooner posted this, than I got another turn in the email. I have another veteran platoon running away, I never seen the arty coming, no targeting shots or nothing just dead center, heck I no longer even own the hill.

[ October 04, 2003, 09:09 AM: Message edited by: kingjames ]

best bet, if you can would be to pull back to a place with some cover and reform your forces, then proceed from there. Also don't send entire platoons out, take one squad and split it, then send the two half teams ahead of your platoons as forward recon teams. It may be abit tedious but it helps, if you have enough forces try sending a whole platoon of half teams ahead, then once they engage an enemy force, flank with 2 other platoons while moving a heavy weapons team, if you have one, up to reenforce the half teams and estasblish a base of fire.

Yes, a voice of logic. I was kind of panicking. Like I said, I usually use the allied side. In this particular one I am axis and it kind of makes you feel invulnerable, what with all the fire power you can amass. We are slowly regrouping trying to figure out how to advance over these hills with no cover. Thanks for the advice, I have gotten away from all the little things like that I used to do.

Originally posted by Stumpff:

Also don't send entire platoons out, take one squad and split it, then send the two half teams ahead of your platoons as forward recon teams.

Personally I'd split two (or even three) squads and send forward the two half squads without LMGs, using the two half squads with LMGs to provide covering fire.