Some problems with vehicles

Guest Guest

I have probs with red tanks being blind to a tank sitting in front of them a few times aswell. The main gripe I have is you can only spot a vehicle if you have LoS to its center of mass. There have been plenty of times where I could have destroyed a tank that had its ass sticking out but I have to drive up into its LoS in order to engage. Then you get killed by it and get very angry!

even with cover arc orders specifying the area of attention.
thats also mysterious for me. often it was said that a cover arc should help, but i dont see any effect.

A vehicle with a TIS will spot an RPG gunner from over 200m instantly if facing their general direction, in extremely dense and chaotic environments, without a problem. Vehicles with eyeball spotting (periscopes and such) won't easily spot entire tanks from less than 100m facing their general direction, even with cover arc orders specifying the area of attention.
yes i also think that a bit over done. blue vehicles generally feel like they have a constant 360° x-ray engine build in, not like 3 or 4 guys, able to spott in as many directions at the same time.

they have good optics but arent able to look at more places at once than a 4 man syrian tank crew, just better.

i would like to see the gap between good and bad a bit reduced. also i think that it would be also good to lay more weight on the different vehicle sides. meant good/exellent spotting to the front, semi decent to the left and right and bad to the rear, that! relative to where the turret/cover arc is pointing to have cover arc effective.

means if the turret faces left(dictated by the cover arc), and the asumed threat is so on the left side, you get bad spotting to the right of the hull, semi decent to the front and rear of the hull and good to the left side where the turret is facing.

Vehicles evasive routines are stupid. Firstly, they take the vehicle much too far from their original location when cover is available in the form of depressions or buildings at distances of less than 20m. Instead they'll drive hundreds of meters, usually exposing themselves to numerous locations across the entire map to do so.
right, but i guess thats already helped(for the marine module) as many other people suggested that to so far. i think everyone here will have had a vehicle reversing out of the threat zone into a much bigger threat zone, and getting shot up. or a reverse waypoint plotted directly through a house or wall and the vehicle doing the most idiotic things to get there, up to driving through houses smile.gif

Secondly, with path-finding still as bad as it is, they often get hung up trying to make it to their chosen way-point if the environments are dense.
that cant be totaly related to pathfinding only, id say its the TACai decission "where" to plot the waypoint, not the actual pathing between A and B.

if you plot waypoints yourself, its works good most of the time, but if the AI plots a waypoint through a building or other stuff, things get messed up. as it was in CMx1, your own waypoints where followed precisely if you knew what to do, if the AI pathing kicked in at traffic jams for example it had horrid results.

same here. however here we cannot move plotted waypoints anymore, wich is a bad thing. but its said to be on the list.

i hope the red vehicles will get helped a bit for the marines module.

we get 2 new red vehicles wich can be considered "top of the line" for the red´s, but that wont help the other vehicles they have, so please, take away a bit of their blindness when it comes to vehicle spotting.