AI AutoPilot mode ?

LRC

Is there someone else who thinks that there is added value in an "autopilot" mode for some current actions ??

To clarify:

I know how to play (in micromanagement style) some typical actions ( assault&occupy that building , clear that road, ...)

So I want to let the AI "autopilot" this type of platoon level actions while I am micromanaging some more interesting parts of the actions somewhere else on the field.

Agree... But I'd love to get the opinion of the Oracle (aka Steve...) on this one. :D

Even if "platoon autopiloting" is not in the line of thought of CM1x games ( very much SquadLeader oriented ), this type of playing could increase the interest of all CM2x games.

For example, I hardly imagine how to enjoy playing "sword beach landing" with the current system, while with an hybrid squad level (micromanagement) / company level (platoon in autopilot by AI) this may be doable.