Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

A few ideas about unit selection

JSB

I always play in RT, and I think it would be ideal to focus on tactics rather than seeking your own units to check their status.

Here are some improvement ideas:

- When units are selected together, all their floating icons become green (or yellow).

- a red cross appears in the unit report for the units without C2 link.

- Locked view BEHIND the unit, at any camera level.

- The ability to select HQ with hotkeys: for example, F1 for the battalion HQ, F2 for the company HQs, F3 for the platoon HQs, and F4 for the squads/teams.

- (utopia): when you double-click on a squad, the whole platoon is selected (i.e. infantry AND vehicles for the motorized troops). Could it be possible to have the following process?

One click: normal

double-click: selects all the similar units in the platoon (infantry OR vehicles).

Triple-click(???): selects the whole platoon.

The whole platoon could still be selected by double-clicking on the HQ.

Last thing very disturbing in RT (and it has also to do with unit selecting in a way), reinforcements arrival is almost unnoticeable; It happened several times that I did't notice them for several minutes.

Originally posted by JSB:

Last thing very disturbing in RT (and it has also to do with unit selecting in a way), reinforcements arrival is almost unnoticeable; It happened several times that I did't notice them for several minutes.

Yes! A loud tone or other indication would be very helpful. Maybe even an auto-pause (with toggle option?).

I'd also like to see the huge P A U S E indicator moved to the upper-right corner or somefink. In the middle of the screen it blocks my view.

JSB, you should add this to the GUI enhancement thread that's already started here:

GUI Enhancement Thread