Gameplay questions

In the first campaign scenerio (training) against the troops in the trench, my MK-19 Stryker does not fire at all. They can see the targets, and I have given them both a target arc to fire at or a direct target, yet they still don't fire. The .50 cal Strykers seem to fire with no problem. The Stryker is about 300m away, so they are well within range (and not at it's minimum).

Also, if I would like the infanty to fire a javelin at the trench, what is the command to do so? I read somewhere that you need to grab the javelin from the Stryker, but haven't been able to figure that out.

Is this information anywhere? Not much about this in the manual, and no stickies on the forum.

Thanks

SPOILER

just tell them to, with an 'area target'

best thing to do though, is use the striker that is designated as "FSV" to call in a linear artillery barrage on that trench, from one side to the other

you could spend all day plinking at them in that trench, and all you will manage to do is suppress them.

(This is probably why they arent firing, they know that the chances of killing are slim. They will automatically fire at any exposed infantry, outside of a trench, or that are firing from a building)

also, you could pull up one of the strikers that has the 40mm grenade launcher, get a 45 deg or 90 deg angle up on the trench, and then start dumping in bombs,

hope this helps

You have to check your line of sight. Several times when I thought I had a good target I would get a message that says "reverse slope" when I tried to target manually. The game will let you designate that target but it won't fire at them.

I found that the best thing to do in that scenario is to line up the MK19 Stryker so that it is firing down the length of the trench. Then they seem to be able to see the targets ok and will fire like they should.