Controls

orwell

Is there a mod or edit or a official patch, SOMETHING, that reverses the function of the keyboard camera controls and the mouse controls? I really want to play this game, and I'm sure, after the 100th try, I'll manage to make my guys move once properly, but the current set up just drives me nuts. Any time I want to move the camera itself, I go to the keyboard, only to spend my time renegotiating a reasonable view, and then go to the mouse to change my camera only to have panned so far away that now I need to fix that.

[Note - I know you can customize keyboard, that's not what I'm talking about, just so somebody doesn't jump on me for something I'm not refering to.]

Im not sure what you mean by reverse, but if your having problems with moving the camera, use the mouse buttons.

Hold them down (right is for panning the camera and left is for moving it) that way you can finely tune the position of the camera. moving it this way is much smoother.

Hope that helps

Ok, i dont know of a way to do what you want but FYI everybody was having problems with using the keys to move the camera after launch so all the beta testers convinced us of the power of using the mouse.

My sugestion is to keep using the mouse to control the camera, eventualy it will become second nature.

PS I just noticed your post count so i thought id welcome you to the forum. Howdy :D

Originally posted by Other Means:

You can do that now with the hotkeys with the rotate commands, if that's what you mean?

What about actually moving the camera, not just the rotation? That's what I'd like to reverse, but I guess as Hev said it was found to be too difficult and so they changed it, a decision I greatly regret.

And it's good to be here, I'll probably be more active once these controls stop driving me to the alt+f4 combination.

Originally posted by orwell:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Other Means:

You can do that now with the hotkeys with the rotate commands, if that's what you mean?

What about actually moving the camera, not just the rotation? That's what I'd like to reverse, but I guess as Hev said it was found to be too difficult and so they changed it, a decision I greatly regret.

And it's good to be here, I'll probably be more active once these controls stop driving me to the alt+f4 combination. </font>

• 2 weeks later...

Making another attempt at this, it would seem I mis-interpretted the function of some keys, what I was looking for IS there, though the movement is jerky enough to make me only use them occassionaly.

However I am going through the demo training, assualt the trenches. Is all support really not available? This seems like the perfect opportunity to call in artillery or an airstrike on their position. Second of all, what series of commands must I have given my poor stryker to make him so confused that I can no longer dismount my troops, cancel orders does nothing, and no matter what kind of movement order I give him, he just sits there. I'd really like to be able to get my machine gunners out to provide cover fire for my assualt teams, but I can't seem to do anything at all with them.

Another couple questions, can I make use of the support guns and equipment on the stryker itself? How worried am I about ammo? Is that why I have my troops assualt this trench, to avoid wasting heavier fire I will need later?

How can I find out more info about the capability of the enemy? At what range should I start worrying about taking fire from their AK's and RPGs, and although in the demo it says they won't return fire as much, what about the rest of the game? Certainly as I advance I'd expect their machinegun I've spotted to start putting rounds out.

I have a feeling I know at least some decent tactics, might I be better off training in a real campaign?

Thank you for your replies.