Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Reverse Trojan 2.0 b1

A.E.B

Gentleman

I run a program call PestPatrol on my PC. This program has detected something it calls Reverse Trojan 2.0 b1, both on the CM:BB CD and in file CMBB_v101_patch.exe. Removing or quarantining this Trojan stopped the game from installing correctly.

I am assuming that this particular piece of code is part of the game's copy protection. Given that software piracy robs developers of not only their intellectual property (aka blood, sweat and tears), but also robs them of the financial resources to develop new products, such copy protection is perfectly acceptable.

But I am curious? ;)

Regards

tongue.gif

A.E.B

PS - if this thread is giving away trade secrets DELETE IT!

I don't think that the copy protection comes into play during the installation process (at least for the Battlefront version). PestPatrol is identifying the 'Reverse Trojan 2.0 b' because somehow during the CM installation a process seems to be mimicking the behavior of that virus (in a very limited way). If you purchased the CD's from either Battlefront or CDV (retail store purchase) then I don't think you have much to worry about regarding viruses. Virus checkers make all sorts of improper diagnoses and I'm fairly certain this is one of them.

I suggest disabling the PestPatrol while you perform the install and once you're finished you can turn it back on.