Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Can't Get to the Game Screen

Hey everyone, I've had this problem for a while now and haven't taken the time to fix it until now. I am on an iMac running Mac OS 8.6. For some reason, when I try to run a scenario, Combat Mission never actually gets to the 3d map. It just stays on the "Loading 3D Graphics" screen that you always see before loading. The weird thing is that I can hear the sound and even click the buttons where they are on the screen. In other words, the game runs, but the "Loading 3D Graphics" never goes away. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to how I can fix this problem. I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

How much memory do you have in your iMac ? You may want to update your video drivers (ATI Rage Pro's I'd guess) from Apple or VersionTracker. You may also want to update your OpenGL extension, which is included in the CM 1.12 patch that you can get from theftp://ftp.battlefront.com/pub/patches/]Battllefront FTP server (get the CM112.SIT.BIN file).

I'd also suggest reducing your resolution to 640 x 480 and deleting the Prefs file in the CMBO folder. When you lauch CM again it should try to reset your resolution and that may help in your case. Make sure that you're also running in 16-bit color or better too.

I have 96 mb...I don't know if that is the problem because the game runs fine if I switch back to OS 8.5. But I cannot run my other apps with that system. I already have the updated patch. I tried everything you said, switching the resolution. I actually couldn't find the prefs in the CMBO folder, so I took it out of the preferences folder, but that didnt do anything. Maybe there is an extension I need to turn off? Thanks for the help.