Crashing: XP, Prophet 4500

Hello from cold and dark Helsinki, Finland

I've very frustrating problem with my recently acquired machine while playing.

The games seems to start okay, but after a while, they crash and the display goes black.

With ctrl+alt+del the system recoveres to the desktop and to the taskbar, which asks me to end the unresponding game and restart the machine.

My personality:

AMD Athlon TB 1000 MHz

Abit KT7A-100 RAID

Memory 256 Mb PC-133

Windows XP Pro with SP1

Kyro Prophet 4500 without TV out

Soundblaster Creative Live Value

DV-1000LE (IEEE 1394 PCI Host Controller)

Very nervous friends!

And the whole packet have worked completely before XP.

All these problems occuring with the latest drivers (at least I suppose so), including VIA chipset 4in1 and latest Prophet 4500 drivers.

Now I have become to the point where there is no coming back, so have you any ideas or is this machine going to fly out of my window.

Appreciating,

TM

Ps. Is there cold also?

What previous OS were you running ? CMBB should work fine with XP, but there are some issues with the latest Kyro drivers (though I personally haven't used them myself).

This thread may be applicable to your situation (though I'm not sure). It involves uninstalling one of the XP/2000 patches for the 'WM Timer' which seems to be interfering with some drivers.