Want to buy but...slow water?

Just d\l the 1.3 demo for my new rig:

-Athlon 3000+

-MSI X1600 Pro - 256MB

-1 GB OCZ Premier DC Ram

-DFI Lanparty UT NF4-D

-Saitek X45 throttle and stick

-

Tried the demo and it runs pretty fast on the highest settings at 1024x768, 2X AA, 8X AF, but the water (when fording) acts funny. It looks ok, but it moves veeery slowly, even though the rest of the action is fairly fluid.

Also, when firing, the dust cloud brings the frame rate to a crawl. Is this the case in the final version? What settings can I adjust to increase the frame rate in relation to the dust? Is this system really not fast enough!? Is there a FPS counter that can be turned on anywhere?

I've had trouble programming my Saitek in-game as well. I click the key in the menu to assign it, and then the button on my stick, but nothing happens. Am I missing something?

Been playing it some more. Found the config option and I've been playing with the settings to get a reasonable frame rate. One LARGE issue I'm having is 'pulsating' when in the gunner view (F6). The screen shakes in and out continuously when in this view. Doesn't so it in any other view. Suggestions?