1 Some .dll in BIN folder is missing.

2 Re-install the game.

3 Wrong path.

reinstalled the game a few times and redowloaded it from gamershell.com

amd sempron 2600+

asus a7n8x nForce 2 ultra 400

kingston 256*2 dual channel ddr

asus rad 9600xt

Try and launch the game using the Safe Mode option from the Start Menu\Program Files\Battlefront\T-72 Balkans on Fire! Demo folder.

However, that error sounds like perhaps there is something wrong with the download itself. You may want to try and download from one of the other listed mirrors.

Madmatt

Okay, try this, go to this link and download the config.pd file. Save it somewhere on your computer and then copy and paste it into the T-72 Balkans on Fire! Demo\DATA\config folder overwriting the file that is in there now. Now, launch the Config program first and check all the settings (launched via the cfg.bat or Program Group link), exit the configuration program and then launch the demo. Let me know if it works now or not.

http://www.battlefront.com/misc/config.pd

Madmatt

I will have to ask the developer if they have any ideas but in the meantime a few other things to try, just to be safe.

#1 Re-download the demo from another site.

#2 When you install and try and run the demo make sure all virus checking programs are disabled.

Let me know if either of the above make any difference if you could.

Thanks!

Madmatt

• 3 weeks later...

Same here (with 1.3 demo). I don't get an error, the game just won't start at all. I install, run the .exe, a screen comes up asking me to purchase the game, I hit 'Purchase Later' and nothing happens. The purchase screen disappears and I drop to desktop. This is on a brand new computer with XP. Any thoughts?

• 2 months later...

The reason you cant get past that Purchase Now/Later page is because the demo is having problems launching the intro movie.

If you still have the demo file, just reinstall and then updateb your DIVX codecs from this page:

http://www.divxcodecs.com/codecs.html

If you dont want to install the new DIVX codecs you can run the demo without videos by going selecting Start Menu>Battlefront>T-72 Balkans on Fire! Demo>Launch T-72 Demo in Safe Mode.

• 2 months later...

I get the same error:

0010: Error:

Impossible to find POL.

1 Some .dll in BIN folder is missing.

2 Re-install the game.

3 Wrong path.

I suspect it is because I run my machine with Windows98. Is there no-way to run this demo with Windows98?

Pawter

I've done this with some old dos games using w/xp ,try and

right click on t72 icon, click properties

change compatibility to windows 98 see if that works,

It's been a long time sivce i used w/98 so might be mistaken on this one

good hunting

You1

Thanks for the suggestion mate but the properties pop-up lacks a "compatibility" parameter (or something similar) for me to change.

I have a copy of WinXP but it is not what is used in my workplace and I'm gun-shy of the conversion issues surrounding customising it to recognise my hardware/software etc. Certainly not going to do it just to trial a game demo.