Can`t play at all

The game just does not start. (in any mode)

In regular mode, I get the video intro only and then it simply quits to the winxp desktop.

In no-vid mode it just does not show up at all.

I`ve noticed that there are quite many people pissed off about more or less the same thing. My specs:

P4 HT, 3,2GHz

1gig Ram

Gainward GeForce 6800 "Ultra 2100" Golden Sample

WinXP with SP1

I don`t know if you other people noticed, the RUSSIAN page of the T72BoF has two patches available. One upgrades to 1.0, other one to 1.0f (or 1.f). But that makes absolutely no difference :(

Refund? New patch release date? And I want an actual mod, admin or tech support person to answer me this question *straight*.

Also make sure you install the DivX codec which you can do from the main installer program.

While there are people with issues in the game, (which I will be addressing very shortly in a new sticky thread) those problems are not with it not launching but freezing so your problem is not quite the same.

Madmatt

It could be the sound system in the game. My full game exhibits the same tendencies to drop back to desktop immediately after the videos. Sometimes it will give an error in core.exe.

By experimentation, I found I could play the game if the sound is disabled. You can disable your game sound by running cfg.bat in your game directory. Then run the game again and see if you can display the menu.

Hopefully the patch will correct the sound problems that are causing so many crashes and freezings.

I have direct x 9.0c, divx5 viewing and encoding codecs, otherwise ALL possible video and audio codecs, all bios and drivers are up to date.

I have not come across a game to date that does not run on my machine, except the t72.

Now I`ve been building computers for some time now, and I can confidently say that its not my computers problem. How come I suspect that since so many other people can`t play, its YOUR unfinished game`s fault? Now please, answer my questions:

Refund?

Patch release date?

regards.

Hey g5r,

it sounds as if you have the crash on startup bug. I had it too, and found that it went away after disabling all sound by running cfg.bat.

Then I turned sound back on and started disabling codecs one by one until I found the one that caused the crash - MMswitch.ax. Actually I could have saved myself a lot of time by reading the manual - it was in there all along.

Try renameing MMswitch.ax to MMswitch.ax.bak and see if you can get into the game. And post your hardware specs and OS to help the devs.

• 2 weeks later...

g5r - to answer your questions:

- we do not issue refunds. The order pages are very clear on that, explain why that is, and why you should always try out the demo first before ordering.

- we do not have a patch release date yet because first we need to find a reason for various issues that are reported, then a solution, and only then we'll know when we can come up with a patch. Knowing a date now before we know what's causing it would be highly unusual, wouldn't it?

Having said that, we do want to solve the problem. Have you tried going into the configuration program and click on the "troubleshooting" button there? See if you can change to software mode and run the game, also.

Martin