Memory Reference Error with the demo......

When I start up the game, after the intro I get the following error:

The instruction at "0x01e63608" referenced memory at "0x01e63608". The memory could not be "read".

Click ok to terminate the program.

What is wierd is that I click "ok" and then the game loads up fine. I know I don't have any issues with my memory as it is brand new Corsair PC3200 C2PT and functions perfectly with ALL the other games I have tried (LOMAC, BF2, F4.0, F4:AF). No issues with anything except the T-72 demo. In fact, once I get past the error, everything runs fine (albeit somewhat slow IMO for the system I have) in the demo as well. IIRC, I also got the same error in the Russian demo as well (and that was a different system with different ram).

Does this error actually mean it can't read my memory or is this just a bug in the demo? This could possibly be a cause for some of the lackluster performance some people are experiencing.

Thx to anybody who can help me out.

smile.gif

My Specs:

AMD 4000+ San Diego

ASUS A8N-SLI Premium (latest drivers and rev. 5 bios)

2GB Corsair PC3200C2PT

BFG 7800GTX OC (FW 77.62 drivers)

WD Raptor 10,000 rpm HD

SB Audigy 2 ZS Gamer

LiteOn DVD-RW

[ July 20, 2005, 05:01 AM: Message edited by: Arklight ]

I'm getting the same type of thing with the full version.

The error is reported on the CORE.exe execction. I got the same thing with the demo as well. The only difference in my case is a different memory address.

Again, if I click "OK" on the message box the game seems to run fine. Any info on this would be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

i found out that if u geting this core.exe error right after u start the game with intro mode on (normal start, no "no-video"), than its a problem of a bad DivX codec.. thats the reason why u can play it without problems when hitting ok (game skips intro and starts the game) or when u start it tru no-video mode.. problem is that i (and some of my friends) am recieving this error after intro.. when the game tries to start..

i would realy apreaciate a help from some developer or so ( or simply from anyone who can solve it smile.gif ) cuz otherway this game was just a wasted money.. :(

ty