Steering tank...?

- posted July 18, 2005 10:10 PM Profile for spybaz Edit/Delete Post Reply With Quote Hey, folks.

Just D/L'd the demo -

Is it just me or does the steering of this this tank take some special commands?

1) E = start engine

2) UP ARROW = throttle to half

3) B = release brake

4) A = change gear (have to be in 2nd gear to move[?])

5) a) Press left arrow = nothing happens

B) Release left arrow = tank jolts to right and stops turn (ok but no real control of steering)

c) Press right arrow = nothing happens

d) Release right arrow = tank jolts to left and stops turn (ok but no real control of steering)

e) Travelling straight now in 4th gear...PRESS RIGHT OR LEFT ARROW = NOTHING HAPPENS! RELEASE RIGHT OR LEFT ARROW = NOTHING HAPPENS!!

MULTIPLE RESTARTS BUT STILL CANNOT STEER TANK.

So - before I uninstall this demo I would love to know how you folks are steering the tank so I can at least see the potential of the graphics. I have a good vid card so I really wanted to check this out.

Thanks!

Thanks, Moon.

I got that far already smile.gif

I figured it out though. I didn't realize that this game utilized a joystick. My joystick was plugged into my PC but thrown in a corner with the stick at an angle. This was causing an override of the keyboard commands. I am using the joystick and can now drive smile.gif

That said - while appreciate the ability to play demos for free I feel that this game (sim?) is a complete waste of time. While the driving feels somewhat like what I would believe to be drivng a heavy, tracked vehicle to be like, the terrain could not be more boring even with the graphics cranked to the max. I have a great frame rate but the game engine is diabolical (IMO).

You would think that for such a slooooow paced game that the graphis would be awesome but alas, IMHO, they are a joke. Look at Joint Ops or Battlefield 2 or Far Cry terrain and then take a look at the scenery on the 'driving' mission on the demo. I just had to laugh and then remove this [insert negative description of this game] from my PC.

That said - I realize it is a demo and that the full game may have potential but is the purpose of a demo not to show a games capabilities?

I am going to post my opinion as a seperate thread to see if anyone else concurs.