Frame-rate on my 9800 pro - oh dear

P4 2.8 (800FSB)

1gig memory

ATI 9800 pro (cat 4.12's)

and the demo runs like a dog with no legs. I havent even bothered going past the driving tutorial yet, as no matter how much i lower the settings, it still runs as though its using a software renderer (though i bet this would be faster). Before it is suggested i try the latest cat drivers, every other game (the latest 9.0c stuff too), runs fine.

any ideas?

joe

AMD Athlon 3200 XP (400FSB)

1 gig memory

ATI 9700 PRO

*cough*

running cat drivers 5.6

Framerate (external view) 24-26 fps

*cough*

installed and running cat drivers 5.7

Framerate (external view) 35-38 fps

*cough*

Thinks - must get some Benolin.

Originally posted by joe pineapples:

P4 2.8 (800FSB)

1gig memory

ATI 9800 pro (cat 4.12's)

and the demo runs like a dog with no legs. I havent even bothered going past the driving tutorial yet, as no matter how much i lower the settings, it still runs as though its using a software renderer (though i bet this would be faster). Before it is suggested i try the latest cat drivers, every other game (the latest 9.0c stuff too), runs fine.

any ideas?

joe

Weird, I have a 2.8 ghz P4, Radeon 9600, 512 ram and latest cat drivers and am having no problems. Have you tried setting the resolution to 800 x 600?

hey joe pineapples, your system specs are similar to mine and i downloaded the demo last night and played it with mostly high gfx options without any glithches, lockups, sticky frame rates in fact extremely smooth.

im hoping its the same with the full version when it arrives any day now redface.gif )

you didnt mention what soundcard your using as its usually a high priority in choosing a high quality product if you plan in playing games as it can drastically increase your gaming experience.

specs : p4 2.4

ati radeon 9800pro 128

sb audigy 2zs