I don't know if this is the same thing that tarball was reporting or not, but here's the situation (as I also posted in the Demo thread in the main T-72 forum).

Start demo, start driving mission, start engine, crash to desktop, freeze.

The first time it let me start, and died when I released the mountain brake. The second time I started the engine and immediately CtD'd but got a notepad window with "Unknown error" and an error code of 0.

Third time I was able to drive to the fording point, and then CtD'd. Inexplicably, after it stat there for a few minutes frozen, the machine rebooted itself.

Machine specs (can be more detailed if necessary):

P4 2.8 Ghz (no overclocking)

Radeon 9600

512 MB ram

Cameroon, Moon,

Just to clarify, what I am experiencing is just a freeze - no CTD. I have to Ctl-Alt-Del (3-finger salute) in order to get the task manager up. Oddly, the core.exe (the name of the executable at the time of failure) still happily runs. I can Alt-Tab back to the game and it remains in its stuck position.

I am not experiencing a CTD whereby the executable suddenly dies off, I am just getting a freeze. I almost want to suspect sound in this case. I wonder if turning Hardware acceleration for sound down or off would help?

Thanks,

Jeff

Sound hardware accelaration isn't it I'm afraid. I've been having thiese freezes with the demo as well. I just tried turning it off and have just had it freeze up on me again.

System specs:

P4 2.4gig CPU

ATI 9800Pro 128MB graphics card (Omega version of the Cat 5.6's)

1024MB PC2700 RAM

AC97 on board sound card.

Well, I've stopped getting freezes.

I won't suggest this for anyone else, but I was planning on wiping out my HD anyway so...

I disabled Hyperthreading support through the bios and reformatted my drive. Since then, everything has been fine. I think I'm questioning the RAM in the machine. I recently got the P4 2.8 Ghz chip w/ hyperthreading and I think perhaps under certain types of load it croaks w/ the ram that I've got.

What's strange, though, is that Silent Hunter III hadn't given me any problems and it's both CPU and graphic intense (as I imagine T-72 is).

Anyway, I think I am putting my problems down to the RAM for now, since I haven't had any issues after the two steps above. When I put some new ram in, I'll see how it goes with hyperthreading enabled.

hi,

i am also having these problems in the full version.

the game just stops but according to taskmanager is still running. I can happily alt-tab in and out of the game and it says 'restoring graphics' (or something like that) upon return so its still alive somehow smile.gif

specs:

p4 3.2

1gig ram

nvidia 6600 77.72

greetings

joern