New-Geneva Space-Viking Convention: update

__Yossarian0815[jby]

Originally posted by jby

2) (proposal) Thou shalt not destroy the buildings by mortaring in Territory games. (use of mortars per se is still allowed of course)

I agree, jby, as long as you are attempting to destroy Paladin SAMs.

I now propose my own rules, which will handle Objective games, since everyone else wants to handle CTF and Territory:

Thou shall not mine the back of the objective area on Raid. It's stupid, it cuts off a useful back door, and will probably raise a howl of protest from the other side.

Thou shall not either defend or attack Recon In Force without at least one infantry squad. Believe me, defending with an infantry unit sure came in handy for me last evening, when I was trying to lure people onto the server with my presence. I ended up with 39 kills, a good deal of them scored by infantry.

Well, jby, my problem, which I noted in the Bloody Sunday topic, was that the enemy had put mines all around the objective area, except the rear. But that's not a problem anymore, not only because you've explained why it's okay, but because I evaded all the mines back on that round on Sunday. I know that the back-door strategy is vital, so that's why I proposed the rule.

jby pretty much summed up the space war convention as I know it....oh yeah plus:

3) Thou shalt not use smoke (unless by mistake) as it slows things down too much.

As poesel pointed out in other thread the mines can always be cleared by a cutter or two with some support. Working together can overcome most problems.

Originally posted by Jung:

3) Thou shalt not use smoke (unless by mistake) as it slows things down too much.

But I used smoke back on Forsaken a couple of weeks back, because it was the only asset I had available at the time, and I sent it down to the NE in an effort to delay the fire coming from that direction. Was there anything wrong with that? :confused:

• 4 months later...