Greetings and a suggestion

emodin-

Hello all.

I'm not sure if this has been suggested before, but I was just thinking that before you actually drop a AAD tower it would be nice if you got some kind of visual cue on the map of its area of coverage BEFORE you actually kicked one off the boat. Maybe something like a dashed green circle?

Anyway, I love the game so far, and a major reason I bought it was because I have been paying attention to the boards and how quickly you guys are at releasing updates and new content. I have to take my hat off to you guys for your work.

I'm hoping to get some online time, but I'm not sure how many out there are in my neck of the woods (Moscow...I think we're +3 GMT). Anyway, give a shout if you are.

I'm not sure if this has been suggested before, but I was just thinking that before you actually drop a AAD tower it would be nice if you got some kind of visual cue on the map of its area of coverage BEFORE you actually kicked one off the boat. Maybe something like a dashed green circle?
I certainly wouldn't object, especially in the map rotations that go between maps of different scales. It can be challenging to know exactly how much area an Cobra Turret or even Sensor/Jammer is going to cover. The truly grognardy will likely say, "Its one of those things you learn," but I've never aspired to that level of hardcore. smile.gif

How about having a simple grid on the tacmap? Maybe one line every 500m?

The density of the grid would give you an instant feedback of the size of the map.

Naming the axis (1,2,3..., A,B,C,..) would also help communication and coordination very much ('Hurrican in E5' is much easier and more precise than 'Hurrican SE hill').

A key to turn on and off the grid would be apreciated too.

How about having a simple grid on the tacmap? Maybe one line every 500m?

The density of the grid would give you an instant feedback of the size of the map.

I think this would help a lot.

If we wanted to go all modern military, the grid would have two digits designating a given line, 100 units lone, and the main grid being a 1km x 1km space (so each dot would be 1/10th a klik, or about 100m). Coordinates would be two four digit numbers, line and offset beyond ...

OK, so the military system is a little tweaky. But it does let you designate a location to a fairly fine point with just eight digits.

"E5," though, its probably more effective on the fly. Especially given for anything more precise, we can use the waypoint system.

I have to say that a grid would be great. As far as fine-tuning the grid system, you could always call out general grid locations by calling out the grid in general and then the relative positioning like it was your keypad (ie grid '1,1,5' where the grid is 1,1 and keypad 5 [center of grid])

Oh, and in regards to bot handling, it might be nice to have some of keyboard shortcut to sellect the bots without having to jump to the tac map. I'm thinking specifically of doing this so that you could jump from your vehicle to taking control of a bot's vehicle, but it would also be nice to have some way of changing their commands while still being able to engage the enemy (ie without jumping to the tac map at all). Maybe something along the lines of sellecting the bot and then using the alt+ commands to give orders to that bot to attack/defend/move to the position that the crosshairs are on. Just an idea for the future. I think this would help a lot when you're playing by yourself.