Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

iMac anti-aliasing

Sincerest apologies for rehashing anything:

I have Mac OS 10.3.7, and appear to be suffering from the familiar black screen on start-up problem. Apple tells me there's no way to turn off the AA. What to I do? I'd love to experiment with this game.

Same problem with all 3 CM games.

CM games do not run on OSX you need to, if you've a dual boot system, set start up to OS9 and boot into that and then run Combat Mission.

If you've got a very modern Mac which doesn't allow 9 booting you're stuffed (Plus running it within OSX as classic doesn't work)

If this all works and you get problems with funny visuals and you've got an ATI card there are upgraded ATI drivers (try a search for "mac ATI drivers" in this forum or check the troubleshooting link at top) that partly help if its a 9000+ series card as the game is best viewed I believe with a 7500 series card

Originally posted by i_clayton:

Sincerest apologies for rehashing anything:

I have Mac OS 10.3.7, and appear to be suffering from the familiar black screen on start-up problem. Apple tells me there's no way to turn off the AA. What to I do? I'd love to experiment with this game.

Same problem with all 3 CM games.

[ January 03, 2005, 10:51 AM: Message edited by: Wicky ]

Yes, the computer boots up OS 9 and the game runs in that environment--I just can't figure out how to turn off the anti-aliasing, as the FAQ's recommend; Apple tells me it can't be turned on or off systemwide (in os x or 9), only within a specific application (e.g. Preview). I do have one of the nVidia cards (gforce fx 5200). Thoughts?