Dots!

yurch

It's too simple a thing to get all excited about, but it's too simple not to do.

Decrease the size of your minimap dots. You can use these as replacements for the original textures. Good for ctrl-m fire or figuring out how powerful that blob on the map really is.

Included is a counterbattery indicator that's easier to see through. Of course, all are optional.

Either make a mod or replace (after saving) the original files in /data.

Those are now in 1.1.3. Thanks, Yurch.

Alex, if you should ever get into a hosed state, you can always force an update to make yourself current again (and repair the damage). To do this, edit your version.ini file and make it a lower number. For example, your version.ini file now looks like this:

</font><blockquote>code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;">1.1.2</pre>

Sure. Don't know if this will work after the next patch, though.

In your dropteam\mods folder, make a new folder. There already should be one in mods called 'Base'. Don't mess with that one.

In your new folder, make another folder called data.

You now should be sitting in your dropteam\mods\newfolder\data directory.

Put the three files I have included in there.

What is required to have a mod is a simple text document called Description.txt. In that file, just stick a little line for whatever your mod should be called.

Now start up dropteam, go to the mods tab, and select your new mod. It's titled whatever you put in your descriptions.txt, and will currently stay active no matter where you connect to.

It is a useful fact that this new directory uses the same structure as the dropteam\data folder - nearly any file you put in your mod folder will take the place of the same named file in \data.

This is useful for more than just textures - I recommend putting the Profanity.xml file in here and editing it to get full 'color' for the next time you play.

You can also make another directory called \sound (inside data) to put something in place of that godawful BackLoop.wav - never put up with that mind-melting loading loop again. I use a re-named ControlRoom.wav for this purpose.