Missing In Action?

Johnno

I have lost an entire squad of riflemen on turn two of a downloaded scenario from ASL website, I realize this is not your scenario but I was hoping you could explain the problem. The game is being played with a PBEM partner

The scenario is called "Tiger 222" I would be happy to send you the saved game file and screenshots of the problem.

The units are placed on the right side of the screen, the rifle platoon are setting up and ambush. On turn two when I opened the file the rifle squad on the right side was gone, two of the other squads were still there, I know I'm right because I still see the foxhole where the men were. I couldn't have done anything silly like withdrew them from the side of the map as I watched the movie and would have noticed it. In fact my eyes were transfixed on that platoon because they were in ambush position and I thought it might happen that turn.

I turned on unit bases and had no luck, but when you do this, turn on unit bases that is, the ambush marker seems to count as a unit. Is it possible that somehow the AI or software was confused by the extras marker and thus subtracted from that squad my squad?

I am waiting for your response, I will send you a email file containing saved game and screenshots if it will help you to help me.

John Carlson

Guest Madmatt

Was it really a FULL squad or a split team? If it was a squad that had been splitted I am willing to bet what happened was that it re-joined with the other part. This exact same happened to some one else recently and they too thought the squad had disapeared.

Madmatt