Spawner.exe?

Hub

Thanks, Clay - appreciate it. However, am having a few problems. I didn't have a couple of .dll files - msvcp71d and msvcr71d. You can d/l them from http://www.dll-files.com/ and put them in your Windows\system32 folder.

Having done that, I ran a CMD line with no arguments as recommended in the manual, but no help really appeared. I got:

USAGE: Spawner (process name) (process arg1) (process arg2)... etc. Process name is obvious, but can you tell me what I need to put in the rest?

I'm hoping to try and run as a server once in awhile when I can't be around to play myself.

Yes, that makes sense. But doing that, I get this:

(SPAWNER: Process finished - waiting 5 seconds to spawn again)...repeating every 5 seconds.

Checking in game, it runs...poorly, so I think this is not what should be happening?

That looks good. If you use this same command line but WITHOUT Spawner, does your server run OK (for more than 5 seconds)? You can use task manager to look and see that it keeps running. If your server is starting up and then dying, try running without the lightweights mod. It might be that some of our changes in the recent couple of releases have broken something in there. If that's the case then let me know (I still have your lightweights mod installed here so I can check it out).

Also be very sure via Task Manager that you only have ONE server running! It's really easy to accidentally end up with several running which is just horrible for performance.

Just tried it here, even with the lightweights mod, and the server seems to run fine through Spawner. So the best thing is to first check that your server runs OK even without Spawner and let me know the answer to that question first, then we'll move on from there.