Turret and Mine Kills Registered to Player?

scaclark

Thanks Yurch, makes sense. Junglist, to explain further: I set up a game and deployed loads of turrets and minefields. And of course loads of these turrets were destroyed. At the end of the game I had been killed 43 times, and I can only assume that the majority of these were the turrets that I had deployed being killed. But my kills were low, in line with what I shot at myself. So. When a turret I deploy is destroyed it seems to count against me, but are kills by turrets I've deployed added to my score? Of course, it is entirely possible that none of my turrets actually killed anything....

Turret deaths are kinda a mixed bag. While I think there should be some incentive not to place them bunched up in dumb areas, it's not like there's much incentive in the first place to really take care of them either. They're terrible in most situations, I find the ground varient better for attack than defense.

Online, when you leave the team, the turrets are now transfered to team (blood or water) control, I guess removing the potential for death count entirely. In light of this they probably shouldn't count as kills or deaths.

Problem is, without the death (un)incentive players may feel the need to use every single turret up in deployment phase. It's annoying to fight against, but even more annoying when you need turrets somewhere else...

I was thinking that if you spent time deploying turrets sensibly and tactically it would be rewarding to know if they made a difference. It's not a death/kill ratio thing for me, it's just a 'that's interesting' thing. Perhaps a separate turret kills table, or something.