Improvement to bot AI

Bnej

I notice bots fire as soon as they have a target. For those with 20mm guns, this means they quickly run out of ammo without killing anything.

Is it possible to change this such that they make an estimate of if they can harm the target, and hold fire unless they have a chance of doing damage?

This is the primary reason I really only use ion thors for bots. The bots don't manuver intellegently enough to stay hull down to approaching targets, and they have zero trigger discipline. I can't be arsed to be hull-down rearranging the bots while enemy units are practically dropping ON them...

They know enough to switch from HEAT to AP once the range gets closer. The bots seem to think HE rounds are best for turrets, but right now there's no shrapnel on those rounds and they're far more inaccurate than AP.

Even with the trigger discipline, the bots with most of the possible orders won't bother to either move out of the way of or approach thier attackers, which you can't do for them unless you can see the opposing units.