INFANTRY REVISITED...

Caseck

When the time comes for infantry, especially the cheapo "straight-leg" variety...

I hope you guys take this in a new direction...

Infantry players... Let them be squad or platoon leaders. --Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying take their 40mm RAM grenade launchers away from them. Nor should they lose their heavy VRF RAILGUN teams or their jump capable RANGER recon armor with Chameleon/EW camouflage and Y missile racks...

I'm saying, give them AI bots to work with. Do the best you can with it. Allow other players to jump into a squad as a grunt, but also allow guys to command small units of AI soldiers.

Let 'em have a few grunts... None of this "Rambo" crap. Let 'em work with and manage a team.

When the time comes...

The plan for infantry is that they will always operate in squads. A player drops and manages a squad of infantry very much the same way he currently does with a vehicle. There are different types of squads with different loadouts (every member of the squad is not identical even though they are managed as a "whole" by the player).

This will make sure they integrate well with the "platoons" feature once it is added, too.

• 2 weeks later...