Plasma Turbine?

Caseck

Just a couple comments on vehicle schematics...

ICE engines? With ANTIMATTER? Nah, I'd take a bunch of hydrogen and heat it to a plasma state and use it's highly charged properties as an electric motor... Unless I'm going to put in some kind of "refining plant" to seperate out hydrogen and oxygen from local methane ice or whatnot... That might be a good idea for TRUE ICE engines on foreign worlds, but they'd need a refining/fueling vehicle to support them.

Is it really worth it to put the antimatter in the fighting vehicles? Or have them serviced by an antimatter powered fueler?

For the hover vehicles as drawn, antimatter is the energy source. Use it to heat whatever ice is available planetside for reaction mass. It all gets heated the same way, and vaporizes nicely. Just vent it opposite the way you want to go, or hover... Using ice you can "live off the land." And refuel whatever you have at hand.

Why put the crew in front towards the bad guys? I'd move them In BACK of every single component. At least, if I value my crew anyway!

PLASMA/FUSION GUNS:

Using dozens of lasers pointed inward through a magenetic bottle towards a ball of deuterium, I superheat the deuterium with the lasers, and squeeze it at the same moment with the "magenetic bottle" then I open one end of the magenetic bottle, and let the plasma exit near the speed of light. Focus as necessary with a magenetic "barrel" on the way out.

If I let the plasma reach the fusion state, it is even hotter. It'd be like opening a hole for a piece of the sun to squirt out.

Scale is the question. How big do you want it?

I'd rather have one in orbit, but I'm old fashioned...