Mission After Action Reports

12Bravo

** WARNING. MISSION SPOILERS. ** Don't read any further if you don't want to know how missions 1 thru 4 play out smile.gif

Here's a recap of my experiences with missions 1 thru 4 (I just started on Mission #5):

- Mission 1, Capture: Took me two trys to get this one. I came in from behind the ambush area (nice of them to note that for us ;) at quadrant H-2 and managed to nail the RPG guy, but got nailed myself by the Super Sherman as I moved down the hill. The second time I was more careful and approached slowly so I could see the Sherman before he saw me. Well, I found him at the bottom of the hill flipped on his back on the other side of the road. I pumped an AP round in him just to make sure he was dead. Form this point on, it was an easy trek to the Serb to complete the mission.

- Mission 2, First Encounter: This one took me about three tries to get it. I moved to position 1 and set up to a hull-down. What made this one hard is there's an enemy tank that moves in quickly from the North (T34 I beieve) and another shortly there after from the South (SU100?), so I had to take out the first tank quickly so I could take on the next before he got me. Practicing the T34's manual sighting helped me get thru this one.

- Mission #3, Breakthrough: This one took me several tries to complete....a real bugger! I found that if I came from around hill 353, I could carefully move up unseen at location C8. From here I was able to take out the anti-tank gun in across the valley in the wooded area (Enemy position 2), and the one at E-7. Using the IR view helped me to locate them in the rain. There were two more guns and an MTLB which I took out while moving along the ridge toward the East at F-8. Then it was on to the Village to take out an MTLB(?) and an infantry squad...finally wrapping up the mission.

- Mission #4, Commando: I lucked out on this one. On my first try I attempted to get to a position on top of a big hill at A-1. Well, as I was carefully seting up a hull down position at the top of the ridge, a T34 got me....BANG. On try two, I once again attempted to reach the hill, but I saw a T34 running South just to the East of my position, so I turned and fired on him. Took about three shots to do the job. Shortly thereafter, another T34 came from the wooded area of D-4 and I managed to nail him too. I got a couple of hits on my tank during these encounters, but none penetrating. From here I decided to go all the way around, heading north to C-1 and then turning East toward E-1. As I was approaching the village from the North, I saw the jeep with the arms dealer driving very fast heading South on the road out of the village. I managed to let go one round before he crested the hill, but missed.....damn! As I approached the village, heading SE, I ran into a T55 which fired at me and missed. I picked up the driver position (I was in the commaders spot)and ran as fast as I could go down the hill to the area of F-2 / F-3 so I could get out of his line-of-sight. I spent the next hour hunting the T55's, and in the end found that they had both toppled over; one at E-2, and I can't remember where the other was. These AI tanks have a tough time staying upright! As this point the drug dealer was long gone and I figured I had lost the mission. I decided to continue on and headed East on the main roadand located the jeep at J-3!. I guess the map restricted him from going any further. Seemed like a cheap shot, but hell, after all that work I didn't mind in the least blowing his jeep high into the air! After taking out the drug dealer I was directed to go to the check point at B-10. I was was almost out of gas (from hunting those T55's) and just barely made it to the CP and completed the mission.

DV

[ January 17, 2006, 04:34 PM: Message edited by: DoubleVeteran ]

Thanks for the unofficial T72 Strategy Guide chapter.

Originally posted by DoubleVeteran:

After taking out the drug dealer I was directed to go to the check point at B-10.

DV

Hey, on Mission 4 he was an ARMS dealer not a DRUG dealer!!!! OK...maybe the SOB was a drug dealer too! yeah, he probably was... (just messin' with ya DV) ;)