Before I buy the game...few questions

Benito

I had been watching these forums for some time now and played the first Demo but never bought the full version of the game.

Recently I down loaded the new 1.3 demo and must say...very pleased with the changes!

Now before I buy the game maybe someone can answer a few questions for me?

1) Multiplay...when will the new add-on be released and will it still include MP other then Lan?

2) The damage models in this game compared to those of WWIIOnLine...which has the 'better' damage models(realistic)?

3) Is there a link I can go to so as to read up on gunnery? I drove the M60A3 years ago and did some hours in the gunners seat also, but all is forgotten. So, where can I look to learn how to aim/sight the big guns in this game?

THX

If you have read through the forum for some time, you would know the answers.

1. There's no release date, the addon will add a new tank, new terrain objects/textures etc. and internet capability.

2. They are better simulated

3. You must buy the game to get the handbook

If you want a first look here you are:

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=46;t=000440

1) Well, Crazy House's site has had no news for about six months, forum activity is almost nil, and now it seems that Battlefront has no communication from the developer.

Smells like vapourware?

2) I've never played WWIIOnLine, but the damage models in BoF seem to get the job done, though it can be quirky. I've sustained well over a dozen penetrations and equal amounts of non penetrations and still had an operable tank on a number of occasions.

Also alot of stuff, such as ammunition cooking off over time, is simplified.

3) The gunnery in BoF is simplified like the damage model and you should not need a full military course to use it. There are a couple of posts on this board which explain it quite well.

Hope this helps.