Why?

Bljesak

I read couple of old posts and I figured out that if I say something about “Balkan war” that I will be banned…..To tell you the truth I don’t care….I wont say anything bad about it couse I didn’t play the game…..

First of all I am also a big time gamer…bf2 an Cod2….but I am interested why did you put Balkans in games…it wasn’t so interesting, trust me….I am from there..Zagreb…Croatia

So…my question why there is only serb side.Couse you all probably know they lost the god damn war….quotation from background info “Beginning with the discovery of an intact T-34-85 tank left behind by the Croats” That didn’t happened…it was other way around…

One question to moon…what do you know about civil wars?

You been in one? It is easy to read it from dictionary, but it’s hard when is in your neighborhood.

If you are interested I can send you couple of movies where you can see bunch of serb tanks being destroyed by Croatian rpg’s and similar anti-tenk weapons….

I almost forgot..you are all playing game of biggest ethnic cleansing in Europe after WW II…..and it was only 10 years ago…..

[ November 16, 2005, 05:13 PM: Message edited by: Bljesak ]

Bljesak, Take it easy. I also don't agree about that war and I think if they simulated the Iraq-Iran war with much bigger scale tank battles it would have been better. Even if they did WW3 in Germany it would have been better. But any way, I ordered this game and I am waiting for it to come, because I am sick of Abrams SIMs and dying to drive some Soviet equipments, which I am strong PRO to it. Crazy house is planing to come with new game for 1982 war in Lebanon and this should be great. When this come, I will purchase it, but I don't know if BF will sell it or Crazy house will seeks another company to mark it.

Bljesak, I am born in Poland and have left the country after what one could call a civil unrest in the early 80s. One of my best friends is Croat and has lost family during the 90's wars.

You are not right that the game only covers the Serb side, because it does not. You can play both sides in the non-campaign mode as well as multiplayer. You can also play "Blue vs. Red" or "Russians vs. Germans" if you make a scenario in the editor and name one side whichever you feel like.

And lastly, this game is not about a historical account of what happened back then, nor is it about ethnic cleansing. It's a military tank simulator about modern combat. That is not to say that the background for the game could not have been... well, let's say... less controversial. But it is what it is and doesn't make the game any less good. To be frank, even if we could have changed the backdrop, we probably would not have. 10 years ago, 20 years ago, 60 years ago... doesn't matter, wars (and especially civil wars) are an ugly thing in reality and I wouldn't want to be near one ever (nor wish it to anybody). But this is a GAME about military tactics, not a historical account nor a political statement.

And because of that past threads about the Balkans war (at least those with a political statement) have been locked, and so is this. Because this forum is to talk about the game, not the real war.

Martin