saw a review for T72 in pcgamer

warmonger180

had just HAD to look for a demo. found one too :D . looks like a rather decent sim, tho mainly into shooters it's gonna take a while to get used to keyboard only, with the exception of the commanders station. read that some have had probs with T72, but none on my rig...yet. not sure about the sanity of the AI driver. ordered to a waypoint and it doesn't seem to know which way, wasn't taking the most direct route. been waiting for something like this since armored fist2 was released. i'm assuming it's not available retail?

edit: something i noticed in the gunnery training. AI "soldier" walking into a building and trying to continue on. hope all the AI ain't as brain dead

[ November 06, 2005, 06:05 AM: Message edited by: warmonger180 ]

Correct, not available at retail yet (and won't be until next year).

While the driving pathfinder AI certainly isn't perfect, the AI driver sometimes "sees" more than you and might decide to drive around an obstacle like a stone etc. which you might have missed. Other times, it's simply unable to read the players mind. I find it best to take the driver seat myself when it really counts (like when engaged by a shooting enemy). The gunner AI seems to be a lot better in general. Although all AI "skills" increase as you progress through the campaign and gain experience (they're set by the scenario designer in custom battles)

Martin