attached units - I think I understood it

Wehner

This is based on the single player mission where you have the jeep, the brdm and you'll be nailed by those two T55 (or whatever tanks) later. I forgot the name since I am at work now and cannot look it up.

Anyway, it seemed to me that to direct an attached unit, you have every time to open and close the map with f11. What I mean is, I can only give orders to the unit I clicked first on the map screen, no matter which one I select later in the same "map screen session". Then I have to close the map screen and to reopen it, select another unit and plot a waypoint for that one. Doing this, I was able to direct a rifleman and the brdm and my tank into different directions.

I am not sure if I uderstood that right, though, and maybe one of the buffs here could comment on it.

If I understand you correctly, you should not have to open the map screen, direct a unit, close the map then reopen the map to direct another unit. You should be able to direct units at the same time in different directions. However, some units are not attached to each other, while others are. Others are on preprogramed movements.

I hope this helps.

Matt

Thx gun, yes you got me right, though my description was a little clumsy, I fear :rolleyes: But the normal way it seems not to work for me ? (I think) I cannot "deselect" the first unit selected, the newly set waypoint is alway approached by the unit I selected first on the map. Maybe on the weekend I have some time to investigate this in detail.

Do you guys try to use this "tactical" planning feature at all or are you just go and fight alone with your tank ?

Originally posted by gunnersman:

If I understand you correctly, you should not have to open the map screen, direct a unit, close the map then reopen the map to direct another unit. You should be able to direct units at the same time in different directions. However, some units are not attached to each other, while others are. Others are on preprogramed movements.

I hope this helps.

Matt