Differences between tanks

DPolwarth

I can't seem to notice any difference between the tanks when driving.

The T72 and T35 both seem to have the same engine, with the same output and same maximum speed. Considering the difference in sophistication of the two tanks, I would have expected two totally different driving models.

This is like making a flight sim and using the same flight envelope for a Spitfire and an F15.

Sort it out!

They should probably behave somewhat different when driving - but vastly different? I don't know. Look here:

http://www.battletanks.com/t34_85.htm

T34-85: 500 hp, 34 mph, 32 tons

http://www.battletanks.com/t-72.htm

T72: 840 hp, 50 mph, 48.9 tons

So the T72's advantage in having a more powerful engine is offset by its heavier weight.

Maybe in BoF the T34's top speed is just modeled too high?!

So the comparision would be more the DC-3 Gooney Bird vs. a C-130 Hercules... ;)

I guess what I was trying to say was why not just concentrate on modelling one tank well?

I can't help but feel cheated when every tank in the game drives the same way. It makes me think that the developers never drove ANY of these tanks, and don't really care about the modelling of the simulation. I would rather they concentrate on one tank (the T72 say) and model it to perfection than fob us off with several tanks that all drive the same way and don't resemble the real thing at all.

• 3 weeks later...

DPolwarth do you drove this tanks from driver seat or just sat down in commander station?

Any guy who directly droves this tanks will say tha t you are wrong. T-34 you hardly can run with 50 kmph (on straight concrete road), when the T-72 easy makes 60 and smoothly speeds up smile.gif

T-72 also has 6 gears (T-34 only 5) and much easier in maneuring (thanks to "bortovie korobki peredach"). T-55 also has his own features...

Just pay some attention when you drive your babe smile.gif