We need a more "user friendlier" mission editor!

daskal

First of all: I looove this game, and did not regret buying it. But...

I've finished all of the campaign missions a few days ago, and sadly it was terribly short, so I started playing around with the mission editor. I thought it would be easy, but unfortunately this was not the case. I've read and made both tutorials, but I still don't know for e.g how to change the type of my tank.. LOL The mission editor seems to be powerful enough, but its very complicated to handle. I mean you cannot even make a mission of your own, just modify the stock maps LOOOOL :(

Well I may not be a programer, but I've been making pretty good single player maps since years for e.g Black Hawk Down and Operation Flashpoint and so on. These are very old games, but they are still popular. Why? Because they have a very powerful and transparent mission editor. The modding and mapping community kept these games alive for years...

T-72's got a great potential, but we don't really get to see that because of the shortage of the campaign.

This game seriously needs more maps, but without a good mission editor (powerful is not enough) I dont think there will be more interesting and quality maps :(

I would like to ask you to provide us with a more user friendlier mission editor.

Thanks!

daskal, the mission editor was never intended to be released to the public, but we have been able to convince the developer to include it and provided the two tutorials as a starting point for people to learn how to create their missions. Like you say, the editor is VERY powerful, but needs a little learning how things work. Once you get past the initial difficulties, it is not complicated at all.

How to change the type of your tank is described on page 50 of the Advanced tutorial. Granted, it's only one sentence - but then it IS that easy, once you know where to look.

I think you're wrong about the maps. We will no doubt see a lot more, but you have to give people time to learn the editor basics and experiment a little.

Martin