Is the damage model better in the full game?

Destraex

Just beat the demo with the hotfix and wondered why the Leopard1 looks like its brand new minus the tracks?

When the Leopard killed my T72 It sparked uncontrollable fires.

Perhaps I did not hit the Magazine.

As you can see I kept on firing hoping that the Tank would blow

Even my intact T72 looks like it lost its tracks.

t72demo.JPG

i think damage is modeled pretty realistic in this game .when you hit another armored vehicle in real life most of the time it will not blow up especially when hit with ap. as a matter of fact you will not have an indication that the tank is knocked out at all other than no movements for longer periods of time , crew bailing out or gun pointing down (hydraulics damaged or out)

regards

Originally posted by Moon:

The game has a full ballistics model, so I guess the answer is "as often as you'd expect them"? smile.gif

Ok smile.gif . Not very often then I suppose. Modern sabots won't ricochet unless impact angle is ~6 degrees or less, as for HEAT rounds the question is does the ricochet happen before or after jet penetration. Shouldn't matter for HEF unless fuse is set to longest possible delay.

Do richochets always cause 0 damage? I was wondering how sophisticated the ballistics & damage model is in the game and is it possible to have HEAT round richochet but still knock out a tank?

It's certainly possible to brew up the Leopard in the demo, though it can take a few rounds, as one would expect with those modern fire control systems in place. I've never seen it suffer a catastrophic explosion, but I imagine those should be even rarer anyway.

My T72 hasn't been so lucky in that regard, however... that pesky cat tracked me once and put a round into my turret that must have hit the HE because it completely demolished it. Fun!

Ricochets happen alot I find.. if you have the barrel option on (I forget the actuall name) I find it tends to "miss" about 1 in 4 or 5 shots.. and they do cause damage.. My T-72 was brewed up by a ricochet from a T-55... I was rather pissed actually.. lol Looked at the stats screen and the only hit was a ricochet.. lol