Instructions to Add Victory Condition to Demo

Cameroon

Hey all, these are instructions to add a victory trigger to the demo "Dogfight" mission. I think I could improve it very slightly, but it works and I know it works so here you go.

Go to your T-72 directory (probably C:\Program Files\Battlefront\T-72\) and then into the DATA\scripts directory.

Within you'll find the demo.pd file. Open that with a text editor of some sort (Notepad should be fine).

First, add the following line beneath the "defeat =" line:

</font><blockquote>code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;">win = ot_addtrigger, win, trigger_dead, ts_passive, ts_win, i_leo:leo;</pre>

Well, we were going to release an alternative set of files that had a "real" ending but if you guys would prefer to do it yourselves.... ;)

Don't worry, I will post the alternative "dog fight" demo mission with victory trigger files shortly all the same. smile.gif

Madmatt

Very nice idea there Matt. It's not often a company goes to the trouble of supplying different versions of missions for a demo.

The only thing killing me now is having to wait for the Post Office to pull their finger out and deliver my copy......I nearly bit the postman this morning!!

EDIT: I forgot to add...Cameroon. thanks for the info and effort.

SvenPatrick, I think you probably can. Now that you've given me the idea, I'm going to look at it tonight when I get home (2 hours!).

I imagine it would just be a matter of adding the "Fire at Will" command and/or ammo, both of which can be done.

You can even add some things, like AT mines and artillery attacks, via the scripting system (look at the first training mission for an example of AT mines). Only difficulty is figuring out the format of the commands and the spatial system in use on the map.

And by the way; damnit Battlefront, you guys keep making me choose between bills and entertainment smile.gif

Sven, yes you can set the units in the 2nd training mission to fire. The simplest thing is to edit the tren2.pd file and find all the instances of "nf;" and change them to "fw;" ("no fire" to "fire at will"). Don't change the "nf =" bit though, just where it's listed as "nf;"

What might make it far more challenging would be to remove the orders to go to XYZ waypoint and to have all of the enemy units activated at once. With the current edit, each unit only activates when you reach its corresponding waypoint.

The other thing I did was to change the "Destroy Gun" objective from "Break Group" (or whatever its called), which doesn't count the objective as fulfilled until the gun AND its crew break, to the "Destroy" trigger and set it to the gun itself rather than the group (which is crew and gun).

The reason I did that is that the gun always seems to flip over and/or slide down the hill. Then all the crew run away, but aren't broken, so I often can't get that particular objective to complete (without making the above modification).

Hi agin!

By pure luck (and a little try and error) i found out that its possible. What i did was to change a line in the tren2.pd file (found in Program Files\Battlefront\T-72 Demo\DATA\scripts\)

there is a line

nf = ot_setmod, dummy, mod_fire, modfire_nofire;

i changed it into

nf = ot_setmod, dummy, mod_fire, modfire_fireatwill;

and the tanks on the firing range started to attack me!

Cool

Training 2 Replacement

Download the file and put it into C:\Program Files\Battlefront\T-72 Demo\DATA\scripts\ You may want to back up the original first, especially if you have not yet learned how to operate the T-72 (in which case, I encourage you to actually use the original 2nd training mission first).

So I went and modified the 2nd training scenario to do more than just let the tanks fire back. Nothing fancy, but all the enemies activate at the beginning of the mission and you don't win until you beat them all (had to find some scripts from the Russian demo to figure out how the trigger_logical stuff worked).

The infantry don't need to be all hunted down, just have to be reduced to 20% strength (at least I think that's what the script parameter means; I didn't change it from the original). It can be a little frustrating since they can sometimes hide fairly well.

Once you kill all the targets, you'll get your victory screen.