3 question from beginner

Bongokid

Hello all,

I received my copy a few days ago and while i figured out most of what can be done, some areas remain foggy :

- What is the exact use of the 'T' key (designate target, which seems to have a different meaning for the gunner and commander) ?

I know that roughly if you right clik on a target with the commander and have issued the 'open fire' order chances are that the gunner will fire at the target but the 'T' key remains a mystery...

-I can't seem to zoom out in and out in the commander 'optical sight' position and neither in the 'PZU' (F8) position. This is strange since i can zoom in and out in the gunner 'optical sight' position using the mouse wheel. any insight ?

-In the 'shooting range' training mission they ask you to kill a Helo with the missile. Apparently i'm supposed to fire the missile and then maintain the gunsight centered on the Helo until missile impact...how the heck do you do that when the sight becomes completely obscured with smoke after release ?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Cheers,

Bongokid

1. In the TC position that just orders the gunner to point the gun barrel where you are looking. In gunner mode it will make the AI TC turn the gun to the target he sees.

2. I think those sights are just modeled as fixed zoom. In all actuallity the Gunner's sight should be fixed at 8x but for the purposes of gameplay we get the zoom. Doesn't bother me as it compensates for the loss of clarity and resolution that you get using a monitor instead of your eyes. The manual gunnery sights are fixed zoom, it's pretty close in so those are probably correct.

3. Pull up onto the grass it creates a little less dust.