About the tank´s "stickyness" and throwen tracks...

Pandur

hi

i beginn with the "stickyness" ;)

i especially tried this in the Dogfight mission. there is a paved road comming down the hill to the power plant. i was driving down and steered, with about 45-50kmh, hard to the right. but instead of sliding uncontroled(especially with those steal tracks instead of those with rubber "blobs"((lack of therm))) on the pavment, the tank lost speed and was turning to the side...??? strange i thought...(the chance of a thrown track isnt smal too with this action).

and about rolled down tanks(like super sherman in magnums Ambush screens), it think they should rahter slide down, instead of rolling...

this all looks like the tank´s tracks are manipulated with strong glue, or double side duck tape smile.gif

meybe this should get some attention...?

about throwen tracks...

i often tryed it on the steepest slopes and in the roughest dips...

its inpossible to throw a track becouse of bad driving! its possible at those rocks, in fact easy but in normal terrain its not possibe...???

while i did my army duty, i talked to a engineer-Tank driver from ouer unit, and he said some funny things.

he told me that it is verry easy to throw a track when you:

-rotate while standing on deep ground...

-rotate on a relly "bumpy" survace...

-rotate one average slope, more steep->more worse

i tryed all this extensively, and i never managed to get a throwen track...

i think it should much, much more matter how you drive your tank! especially in lan(and in future i-net games) this will/could be an interesting feature. becouse it limits your actions much more than it is now, and bla bla bla...ok, i think every one knows what i mean smile.gif

more realism->more fun

what do you all think about this...

crappy thoughts?

greetings

Pandur

[ July 20, 2005, 07:48 AM: Message edited by: Pandur ]

I've wondered about this myself. I have driven the tanks in this game like a rally car with no thrown tracks. However when I knocked over a highline poll I did throw a track.

It was my understanding, from what I have heard, that it is relatively easy to throw a track on a tank by driving too hard or improperly.

Also, on a similar note, how long does it actually take to repair a track? I have my settings on 120. Is that 120 seconds? What is realistic a realistic time frame as far as repairing the tracks on your tank?

for clarifcation, i only got the domo, but i think it should be the same like the full version(both; for driving physics and config settings).

and since the english demo got not so much to do, i use it as a tank-diving simulator right now. its verry funny. but i keep wondering why i often manage to flip my tank over, out of so many situations but i never throw a track :confused:

i think the rolling ond over-fliping tanks would be reduced if they could simply slide. and if they slid down a slope, especially when its wet, then its not far to a thrown track ;)

would be much funn to see an oponent in a lan or i-net game sliding down a hill and loosing his tank´s tracks becous of bad driving :D

and did someone of you try to dig down a steep slope? i ended up, stuck in the slope. wasnt able to go back or forwars. and when i switched to the drivers inside view, i just saw earth/dirt becouse i was dug in, to the turret. but noone bailed out :D

i hope i will manage to afford a new pc, wich will be able to runn this game fine, in the next month, becouse i have to play the demo on one of my friend pc´s right now. but than i will happylie ask a friend of mine, to buy me the game, ann i just give him the money.

mine pc here, is nearly ancient, but i can play tiny and small CM battles without hopping around the battlefield, so its still woth somethin...

greetings

Pandur

@gunnersman

cool that iam not the only one wich "tryed" to throw his tank´s tracks smile.gif

if a high-line poll is this wooden pice for electric cables or thelephone cables, then i ramed one too, but only once.

and it fliped over my tank! was in the russian t-34/85 mission.

about track repair

and what i saw its not "really" possible to repair a track only with one crew(you can do it but i will take many many houers). the engeneer-tank did throw a track relatively often, and i saw 15 people moving and lifting a track(edit: ofcourse sweating and swearing)into the right position! if i remeber right, one pice of an average MBT track has about 20kg. and a track got many pices smile.gif

so i would say for 8 people it take you(lets say 2 tank crews +the other tank to pull the broke tank) it surely takes 4 houers. in the field ofcourse!!! in the base it dont take sooo long becouse you got a Pit(?)->place to repair.(was ist eine wekstatt auf english???).

iam no preoffesionall tank mecanic ;) but this is what i would roughly esimate.

greetings...

[ July 20, 2005, 08:35 AM: Message edited by: Pandur ]

Originally posted by SuomiKp:

I use high realism setting and it takes 3000.00 to repair a track

Checked from manual it is in seconds

HA! So it is in the manual. I must be going blind.

I use global realism. The only thing I do not have to set to real is the external camera.

Thanks SuomiKp!