T-72 Things I've Noticed

Shane05

Hey all.. ok got my game on tuesday.. After a couple days of almost nonstop killing its actually turned out to be a pretty damn good game. I've had none of the framerate issues, or other problems others have had, and infact play the game with everything maxxed! Nice graphics! Good game.. One of the very few games I've seen in a long ass time that won't require 37 patchs to actually enjoy.

Having said all that, I've got some things I've noticed.. hehe

1> Damage models.. Not too sure how this was all figured out, some of it seems to work good, some of its just plain odd.

My biggest complaint with it so far is that, on more than one occasion I've engaged a tank (I've done this with a T-55, and Leopard) and hit it 9 times. I've seen some of the crew bail out.. Only to have the tank fire one round, and kill me. You have no idea how pissed off that makes a guy. lol.. So I go look at the stats screen, I thought maybe I didn't penitrate or something.. But no.. All the rounds had penitrated. On the knocked out list, all 4 positions are listed.. Knocked out equipment has damn near everything listed.. Yet the tank was able to fire.. but what bugs me the most.. I hit it 9 times.. He hits me once.. and I brewed up.. Pain in the ass!

2> Why don't turrets go flying thru the air when you brew up a tank. Little dissapointed that this major factor wasn't included.. And besides, theres just something cool about watching a 5 ton turret go flying.

3> This ones just something I noticed.. When you roll anything over, things tend to get bent, twisted, or ripped off.. I accidently rolled my T-72 down the side of a large hill... I actually had 4 complete roll overs, before landing on my track.. And low and behold.. No damage.. The crew was fine, and all my equipment was AOK..

4> Oh, when you cross a water obs and you watch thru the drivers view, you can still see rain falling thru the river.. hehe

5> Loading.. Never having used an auto loader, I'm assuming that all tanks with one would load at the same speed.. I've noticed more than once that Enemy T-72s load 1-2 seconds faster than mine. Annoying when you both fire at the same time, yet they get the 2nd round out alot faster.

6> Computer Cheats!!!!!! I know I know.. But give things a try.. Setup an ambush, kill one target, then watch and see other enemys come over hills or around stuff firing on you automaticlly. Oh and those RPG gunners.. I remember reading somewhere that they have "limited" ammunition.. I counted one gunner firing 8 times before he was killed.. 5-6 seconds a shot.. Would hate to be that PBI humping that much ammo around..

7> Ranges.. I've tried firing using the manual ranges and stuff, and most times its completly out to lunch. Things that are only 1000m away, require ranges of 1500 or higher according to the gunnery sights..

8> On the 2nd or 3rd mission, atleast one of the way points is still in russian!!! tongue.gif

Over all though, awesome game. Can't wait for the followup!

Shane05, if these are all the issues for an out-of-the-box game release, then can we take this as compliment? smile.gif

A few quick comments to some points.

3 - do you have "collision damage" enabled under the realism settings?

5 - The loading times should be the same, but a more experienced crew can acquire a target and get a shot out quicker.

6 - They have limited ammo, but after checking into some of the missions in the editor, many of them have ammo limits in the double-digit range.

Martin

hey.. Yes collision damage is on.. I don't think the game noticed that rolling is a collision though.. lol

The loading times I've noticed are with my crew being "Vet"

And.. uhm.. double-digit ammos.. lol. They do realize that the ammo us supposedly on the back of these poor guys? lol.

Thanks for the quick response..

How long till the add-on? lol

shane

Originally posted by Shane05:

And.. uhm.. double-digit ammos.. lol. They do realize that the ammo us supposedly on the back of these poor guys? lol.

Surely it wouldn't just be the weapon handler carrying the ammo, but at least some of the infantry squad members as well? If so that could explain the seemingly high number of RPG rounds available.