Realism and Damage models...just how realistic?

Benito

Hello,

I plan of buying this game, if the demo is good, but before I do maybe a few questions can be answered.

1)Damage Models: How realistic are they? I had been playing IL2 for the last year and really like the damage models and flight physics. Are damage models as in depth as in IL2 or more generic in nature.

2)Graphics: What are the graphics like? Looking at the screenshots and movies are often misleading and dependent on the persons video card. With a 'nice' video card how does the games graphics look and what can you compare them to...IL2?

I was a tank driver, M60A3, back in the '80s and this game gives me goosebumps :D

thx

[ July 11, 2005, 07:46 AM: Message edited by: Benito ]

I can only comment from the older Russian demo I played.

1) Damage Models: Where the round hits is where the damage occurs - they model penetration as well. The damage graphic representation isn't as robust as IL2 (You won't see a hole in you tank after a round goes through it for example). There is some representation though like tracks blown off and scarring from where rounds hit.

2) Graphics: Fantastic - Think Operation Flashpoint but improved.

Check out the feature list: http://www.battlefront.com/products/t72/features.html

Re 1: after months of playtesting I am still sometimes surprised by the detailed "under the hood" simulation of armor penetration and damage assessment. You can get a myriad of different "effects" on your tank... from slipping gears to wobbly tracks, from a disabled turret engine (moves REAL slow, simulating hand cranking) to an overheating engine.

If anything then the game lacks in the clear representation of what it all models "under the hood", but then we have programmed Combat Mission in much the same way, so I guess I should be the last one to "complain" smile.gif

Martin