Is multiplayer via Internet available?

I'm interested in getting this game, as are a few of my friends, but the most important question is, does this game support play over Internet?

The website says LAN-able, so I'm guessing we'd have to VPN if we wanted to play over the 'Net? Or will there be direct IP connect available like Dangerous Waters?

Cheers

Currently the only supported multiplayer mode is via LAN (not sure how it would work via VPN due to lag issues), but we're already working on a multiplayer add-on to be released later this year which will allow and be optimized for play over the internet.

Martin

How much will the add-on cost? Or is it going to be a free download for those who bought the original?

I'm not really a solo player, so if it's not possible to play T-72 online somehow, I'd give it a skip until the multiplayer add-on is available then buy the whole bundle in one go.

I don't know much about game programming, but given that a LAN uses TCP/IP, and the internet uses TCP/IP, why isn't direct mode somehow available? Lag wise, considering most people are on broadband anyway, at least a bodgy version which only works for broadband people and not 56K would be much appreciated...

Dendrobius, what Rune said (as usual he has the inside scoop smile.gif )... And to add to that - we have reduced the original game price to $35 because of the lack of true online play and the add-on will cost in the range of $15-$25, depending on how much other stuff we'll be able to cram into it (a new playable tank and a batch of new maps are planned at the moment).

Martin