Which Radeon Drivers?

Anyoen recommend a driver set for a Radeon 9500 pro that wont cause grpahical problems with CMAK?

The 3.10s made all the HUD/interface screens disapear

3.9 made some textures go psychadelic and caused graphical problems with screen tearing

3.8 causes the screen to black out when I alt-tab to desktop.

Anyone got any advice- I have read the troubleshooting guidelines but none of them seem to fit my problems.

Have you completely uninstalled each version before upgrading/downgrading to another one ?

Madmatt has had good results with the 3.10 Catalysts using a Radeon 9800. However some results may vary with each Radeon model since the unified drivers can have unique problems with each model. In other words the Radeon 9800 may not experience the same problems a Radeon 9100 might and vice versa.

Have you turned off Smoothvision (antialiasing) and Anisotropic Filtering ? Are you using the Rage 3D Tweaker or any other driver adjustment program ? You may want to uninstall it when you change drivers (and reinstall it afterwards).

I haven't personally been able to setup my Radeons and test them out with the latest Catalysts, so I don't have any first hand experience at the moment with these problems or their solutions.

If you want to use the latest 3.10 Cataylst drivers AND run with any of the Anti-aliasing settings you will want to download the Radeon Text Fix file referenced in the troubleshooting guide. That will make all the text appear on a black background but at least its readable.

The option is to set the AA setting to "application preference' (Effectively off) and the text will be fine.

I have not tested with any drivers other than the 3.10's as of yet.

Madmatt

Cheers for the advice although is stuff I have already tried.

I will try the 3.10s again- the probelm wasnt hard to read text though, it was no interface at all, just a black box where the buttons shoudl be. The 3d terrain looked fine mind you.

Oh well I will keep testing and if I have luck I will let peopel know for future reference.