Duplicate mines and barbed wire in TCP/IP

Okay, I had a wierd anomaly the other day while playing TCP/IP. I started the game, and while waiting for my opponent I'm allowed to begin placing my units! Why is that, I get the advantage for starting the game? Besides this though, I purchased some antitank mines, antipersonnel mines and barbed wire. Placing these as usual, after the game started I noticed duplicate copies of said defensive fortifications (in their ORIGINAL starting positions as well as the ones I placed), and units that passed throught the ones I placed, seemed to have no discernable effect...

Now, my opponent could see the barbed wire (but not the "duplicate" wire in it's original starting placement)... but again, when his troops ran through the mine fields I placed, nothing happened. So I have a few questions then... Are minefields automatically visable from the outset of the game? How much damage do they inflict? And, finally why were duplicate fortification units created(is this a bug I should be reporting)? It's only happened once, and I'll keep my eyes peeled for it to happen again...

------------------

"Childhood's over the moment you know you're going to die." -The Crow

Guest Madmatt

What version of CM are you playing? This was thought to have been fixed in v1.12.

Please send me your saved game file (assuming you have one) and BOTH players passwords! Thanks!

Madmatt

Just a question, what was supposed to be fixed? The duplication of land mines etc, or the fact that I'm allowed to start my Setup Phase while my opponent is purchasing units? No can do with the saved game file... I deleted that when the game ended... In future, I'll make sure that I save it. Both users currently have version 1.12 installed, though one player is playing from a "spawned" version for TCP/IP purposes... Was this bug reported in earlier versions of CM? Keep me posted, and I'll make sure if it happens again, to save the file... Thanks for your time...

------------------

"Childhood's over the moment you know you're going to die." -The Crow

[This message has been edited by Suicides-by-Steve (edited 02-26-2001).]

Guest Madmatt

The host is always allowed to setup like that. Otherwise you would be looking at a blank screen while the other guys is shopping for units. Thats just the way it is.

As to the other question, yes the duplicated mines and barbed wire was reported before and *we thought* fixed but it has always been VERY hard to replicate.

Matt