Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Radeon 9700 pro - causing reboot - XP PROF

I have updated CMBB to 1.02 before i even tried playing the game(XP pro is the OS). The game loads fine but after about 15min. of playing. The game freezes then reboots the PC. Sometimes I have to reboot 2 -3 times before I can get back to normal. I have the latest Driver for the card. When I finally do get back in there is error mesage about the radeon drivers. Is there

any setting or fix out there to stop this insanity. Please help !

What motherboard do you have (manufacturer model and chipset) ? Is your Radeon 9700 the first card you had installed on this system or is it an upgrade (i.e. - was this computer working fine with another video card beforehand) ?

It's possible that the combination of CM and the Radeon 9700 may be too much for your computer. With CM keeping the CPU at 100% utilization and the video card drawing a lot of electrical current at the same time it is possible that your power supply or motherboard just doesn't handle it very well after running this combo for awhile. A dip in the electrical current (caused by either a straining power supply or power-related circuitry on your motherboard) may cause your computer to reboot at that moment.

You may want to try a lower resolution, etc. to see if this helps.

Though I wouldn't think that it is the 'cause' of your reboots, some users have had a problem with the latest Catalysts (of which 3.2 is the latest version). If you want to experiment with some older versions (which may be recommended if you're running into any screen corruption) then follow this procedure from the Rage 3D Forums (you can ignore the MMC and possibly the WDM driver installs).